I live in Berkeley, which is on traditional Chochenyo and Karkin Ohlone land. I pay the Shuumi Land Tax as a way to acknowledge this history and the Ohlone community. If you live in the East bay, I encourage you to do the same: http://sogoreate-landtrust.com/shuumi-land-tax/
I moved to the U.S. from Canada in 2012, and attended a masters in psychology and art therapy at CIIS in San Francisco. I assisted in facilitating all women’s nature groups, helping to lead multi-day wilderness backpacking journeys that include solo time and personal introspection. This work evolved into my seeing individuals who wanted to work more closely with me, and now I am a full time licensed psychotherapist in San Francisco and Berkeley. I am committed to continuously enhancing my skills and personal development through personal retreats, self-study, trainings and engaging in ongoing study with my teacher Jennifer Welwood. The work we do there, involves integrating Vajrayana Buddhist perspectives with Western psychotherapy techniques, to further develop ourselves for the purpose of being of better service to the communities around us. This work deeply informs how I practice psychotherapy, and how I work in the world as an individual. After completing my counseling psychology program at CIIS, I continued my education to receive a 2.5 year training in Biodynamic Craniosacral therapy from the STAR institute, in order to be able to include more body-oriented/nervous system regulation work into my therapy sessions. The craniosacral work also opened up into a more subtle level of energy medicine work that sometimes is incorporated into the sessions when that is appropriate.
In bringing together all of my affinities, I have created a healing practice that is customized for each individual’s process, need and orientation. I address all aspects of a person, as an integrated, intelligent whole, using body- based somatic therapy, mindfulness practices, energy medicine and self-inquiry work.
My life’s work is devoted to helping people heal and connect with their true selves, allowing space to cultivate deeper meaning and brilliance to life.
Professional Training and Licensure:
- California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist through the Board of Behavioral Sciences (# 104161)
- MA in Counseling Psychology and Expressive Arts Therapy in 2015 at CIIS
- Feeding your Demons Kapala Level 1 training, Tara Mandala Retreat Center, Colorado (2018)
- Grief and trauma counselor training ind internship East Bay Agency for Children in Oakland.
- Ancestral Lineage Healing with Daniel Foor, distance course, N.C.
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy practitioner training, STAR Institute, San Anselmo, CA (2.5 years)
- Therapeutic Behavioral Services training, St. Vincent’s School for Boys
- Ecopsychology leadership training, Wilderness Reflections, CA
- Self-Study of Peter Levine’s work on Healing trauma through somatic practices
- Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome Intensive with Joy De Gruy, CIIS, SF, CA
- Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, Mount Madonna, Santa Cruz, CA
- Sage Mountain School of Herbology with Rosemary Gladstar, Distance course with herbal medicine Apprenticeship, Saltspring Island, BC, Canada
Office locations in Berkeley and San Francisco